Saturday, May 19, 2007

a new sun rising

There is too much that happens that I wish to share with those close to me that I don't. There are many reasons why, though I'm not overly happy with any of them and have begun to wonder if they aren't so much reasons as excuses.
That being said; I have decided to begin yet another blogtastic venture. I will write about happenings and insights, ramblings and musings.
Of course the biggest thing that has happened to me is that fact that E is pregnant. Some time in November I will become a father. This to me is beyond profound. It's a perplexing combination of daunting and exhilarating. I have taken to journaling my thoughts about what I want to tell my child about this world. As a way to christen the sylabic land of Yoshistan I'll copy an entry from the journal:

As I write this to you there is a woman being attacked outside my office door. In the time it took me to write the previous sentence security staff has flooded the area. Commands to separate are bellowed and followed.
The woman lays in the fetal position, the blood of her ancestors sprayed across the floor. I know this woman. I have held her children. I was present when rivers of sorrow flowed down her stoic face as her child screamed upon her lap for a mother that wasn't her.
I was not present years ago when she chose to stab two sisters repeatedly before she got into her car and ran them over. One was killed, the other permanently wounded.
The woman that attacked her is the niece of the woman she murdered, daughter of the woman crippled for life.
This is vengeance my little one. Without vengeance we would have no mercy.

No comments: