Monday, May 28, 2007

Long story short

The Clink
I think my boss best summed up the events during the morning meeting after the attack:

"Long story short, we've got problems"

Yup. At the core of all of these problems is community, not unlike the problems that our society faces. I've decided the best way to combat these events is to motivate the general population to do something in order to preserve facility safety and programs.

Up North
This weekend we went to my father-in-laws cabin. It's pretty amazing, not overly so in outward appearance, but in the fact that he's making it himself. He cleared the land, made the foundation, put up the walls, roof, did the electrical etc... It's really pretty incredible. The cabin borders one of the clearest lakes I've ever seen. Being urban in origins, seeing clear lake water is absolutely astounding to me.
We were kept company by E's younger brother and two of his 14 year old friends. It was fun to be around that mentality, to remember what it was like to be that age. Before school and debt, failing and succeeding. Just running around with zits laughing at things that nobody else seems to think is funny. Actually, come to think of it, I still get zits and there have been numerous times I have found myself the only one laughing whilst everyone else looks at me askew. I really just wanted to use the word askew; one should not eschew askew...it's time for bed.

2 comments:

Ian said...

When you talk about motivating the general population are you talking about within the prison system?

yoshva said...

I was meaning in terms of the facility, but it's really the same thing with the rest of gen.pop. on the outs.