Sunday, June 3, 2007

Drinking from the Valley

Whilst drinking from the Azrahji river, deep within the valley of Azrah (pictured to the right) I happened across a small caravan. The steep, and rocky slopes proved to treacherous for the camels laden with sweet smelling spices and smoked tea leaves, so they had been traveling through the shallows of the river.The caravan leader's face sunk into darkness when I told him that the river ended in a mighty waterfall not more than four hundred qasab from where we stood. I smiled wide as I told him to have faith in the blessed one as I was more than happy to show him a safe path through the valley. His relief was such that he gifted me a pound of smoked tea. As we spoke of events far to the East, from which he came, I heard of a state of consciousness known as no mind. He had this to say of it:


"When this No-Mind has been well developed, the mind does not stop with one thing nor does it lack any one thing. It appears appropriately when facing a time of need."

Takuan Soho

Drink deeply my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.